Friday, May 27, 2011

Dear Blogger (and you, too)

Dear Blogger,

It's been almost two years, and for most of that time, you've treated me pretty well.

Until recently, when you slowly stopped letting everyone comment on my posts. And you randomly shut down. And then, you stopped letting me respond to the comments that did make it through.

Blogger, you kind of, uh, well, you stink.

Lydia


It's long been time for some changes around these parts. Let me outline the next week or so for you.

1. I've switched to WordPress for the time being; find me at www.autisticspeaks.wordpress.com.

2. A friend of mine and her partner have purchased for me www.autisticspeaks.com.

3. In the coming week or so, I will... somehow, magically (this means I don't know how, but my friends do and will help me) put the WordPress site into my own domain name's site, and I will henceforth blog on www.autisticspeaks.com.

What does this mean for you? Well, you will no longer find me here on Blogger. My entire blog has been imported onto Wordpress (and there are even some cool new features over there!), so you can find everything, including comments at my temporary home at Wordpress.

Secondly, it means that you will likely only use the www.autisticspeaks.wordpress.com link for a short time.

Thirdly, and I'll let you know when this is, you will find me at www.autisticspeaks.com. My own little slice of the WWW, eh?

So, come find me; there's a new post waiting for you. I apologize for any inconvenience. I say, possibly more to myself than to all of you, to stay calm and patient and that change can be a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Calm & patient. Good plan. Enjoy your new website! It will be great.

    ReplyDelete