Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Non-autistic?

It's so great to spend time with a friend I haven't seen since May!

I was hoping, hoping, hoping that I could be meltdown-free, as "non-autistic" as possible during these few days. That didn't last long. It never does.

Last night, a few really minor things set me off. By 7pm I was cranky. By 9, I had completely lost my words. I was so frustrated that I'd lost them, because it was too hard to focus for me to do much, so I felt like my fun was gone too. I was angry at whatever stole my words. Luckily, my kitty came by in a really friendly mood around midnight, and after telling her "Hi!" a few dozen times, I found a few more words too. Slowly, slowly, the words came back.

We're leaving this evening to stay in a hotel tonight with Leigh's parents, then tomorrow we're going to move her onto campus to the new apartment in the morning. Then, I work from 3-7. Hopefully, I can handle all of that. My words are back, but I'm still not having the best of days.

I guess autism doesn't budge, even for friends visiting and trips planned. But I wish it would!

2 comments:

  1. But the best part... is that some friends won't budge no matter what, either. They always stick around :) That's why it was okay.

    ReplyDelete