Sunday, August 2, 2009

Days 3, Meltdowns 5

I guess it looks bad when the number of meltdowns is greater than the number of days... but really, I'm having a great time!

We stayed out until dinnertime yesterday, crashed, then went out to eat later with my sister. My sister is being hardcore, "deal with it, grow up, no one likes the crowds, stop it." That's definitely complicating things at times. Today was good, because we did 3 hours of Animal Kingdom before I fell asleep laying my head down while my mom and my sister were doing stuff, came back and slept for 2 hours, then went back out to Magic Kingdom for the evening. We did Adventureland and Frontierland, basically. I ate gluten free pizza (yum!). We did have a major crowd issue with the parade again, and then even worse (I'm talking HUGE) with the fireworks. We got stuck in the fireworks, so I hid in a shop and tried to call Leigh. She didn't answer. My mom got me a chocolate-peanut butter rice krispie treat (gluten free!) which was actually pretty distracting. The ferry ride was really crowded too, though, so after a full 90 minutes of quite literally jam-packed people around me, I started to lose it and my mom told me to take Klonopin. At that point, it seemed like the end of the world to get it out of my bag, but one Klonopin (and a shower, a drink, and some personal space!) later, I'm doing okay.

It's so hard for anyone to get how I can be in the midst of everything I hate, like the noise level and the crowds, and love this place so much. But I really, really do! My meltdowns don't really bother me. I'm just so afraid that I'm going to ruin my family's vacation!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... Interesting concept. my meltdowns do bother me but not as much as the people around me it seems. So, what is it that you like about Disney World? You haven't really touched upon that yet. Do you like the rides and characters?
    Sometimes people make assumptions that if something is bothering me I shouldnt be there and I disagree.... so I kinda understand

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE rides... a ton. I absolutely love the feeling. I love that people are happy here. I love to do things. I love to be busy, so I love that there's so much to do. I just really love the environment. I like how every ride/attraction is a completely different world. There's just so much fun here!

    ReplyDelete