Friday, October 2, 2009

Trying to be flexible

We have family (my great aunt and her daughter) staying with us this weekend. That means that someone is staying in my room, and I'm sleeping on the floor of the spare room. The last time we had people over, we tried having me sleep on the couch, but I couldn't manage without a place to escape to. Hopefully having my own area, even if it's just a spot on the floor and a door to close, is enough to keep me calm when I get overwhelmed. I get really, really stressed with people in my house and things being so noisy and disrupted.

It's a busy weekend, too. I worked this evening. Tomorrow, I have a counseling appointment at 9am, then work from 10:30-3, then a big dinner outing with the family. Then Sunday, we're getting up and going out to breakfast, and then my mom and I are going out to meet the autism group for coffee.

I hope I can do this. I really hope I can. So far, Elsie is sticking in the same room as me, which helps a lot.

4 comments:

  1. It's good that you and Elsie can be together.

    I hope work and the counselling appointment go well. It will be a busy weekend!

    It would be interesting to hear about the group again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's one busy weekend! Glad to hear Elsie is sticking by you, counselling could be a good time to release any anxiety build up - it's "you time" after all - and I really hope the coffee with the group goes well.

    Looking forward to full report!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, look, cats to help get you through it :) http://autistscorner.blogspot.com/2009/10/cats-and-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete