Saturday, March 26, 2011

Elsie mini photo shoot

Speaking of Elsie... my new BSS called the other night and we talked for a while. She seemed nice and everything, but right at the end when I mentioned Elsie, she said, "Oh, can it go away when I come? I'm allergic and I will sneeze."

Problem 1: Elsie is decidedly a SHE, not an it.

Problem 2: If she wants me to talk to her, no, Elsie cannot go away.

Solutions? First, I'm going to see if Els will simply go sleep in one of her boxes in my room, then I'll quietly step out. But if she starts to fuss and wants to come out, I am not going to keep her shut up.
If she does fuss, maybe we can go across the highway to Starbucks to meet.
If it's too public, maybe we can go to my mom's.

My BSS is supposed to be really good. She has a 21-year-old son with Asperger's, so I hear that she "gets it." I don't want to give up on her, but this is a big problem...

Anyway. Pictures.









2 comments:

  1. Ask her to take a hayfever tablet before she visits you. I have an allergy to cats and any form of ant-hystamine is all it takes. A non-drowsy 4 hour or 12 hour tablet will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she needs some social skills lessons, Lydia! It is not very appropriate to ask someone you are planning to visit to remove their pet, especially if you are providing a service for the person.

    Good luck with this one. :)

    ReplyDelete