Friday, March 11, 2011

20 years too late

I'm still so done, so this will not be eloquent.

Met the team. Like them both, I think. Need more time to really know.

Behavioral support staff uses ABA (kind of the gold standard in autism treatment). Start with another interview (though I'm not sure why, because we just did a 2 1/2 hour interview) on Tuesday evening. Then FBA (functional behavioral analysis... looking at each behavior in terms of the antecedent, behavior, and consequence, to determine the purpose of using different behaviors). Then we get going.

Community inclusion starts hopefully the week after that, just a few hours on a Monday or a Tuesday. Maybe we'll go to the shelter and help out.

I'm stuck in a predicament. I have almost no food in the house. I can eat not very much for the next 24 hours until Mom can take me shopping, or I can attempt to go shopping myself, which takes hours and tears. Still haven't decided. (Update: Went and got a handful of things, so no starving will occur here tonight).

Like I said, not eloquent.

2 comments:

  1. maybe elaborate just enough to explain all those abbreviations?

    also, order chinese food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. K.

    And I shopped and got a few things. Including ice cream. Yum. Chinese food would have been smart, or pizza... I have a Pizza Hut gift card.

    ReplyDelete