Monday, June 7, 2010

A blessed duck

Sometimes I just stop and think of what a lucky duck I am. I guess I should say that I'm blessed, instead of lucky, because luck implies that it's sourceless, but it doesn't have the same ring to it, you know? Oh well. A blessed duck is what I am.

As I write this, I'm sitting out on my back deck which is on the 2nd floor of the back of my house, watching hummingbirds come to the feeders. Bob is out here with me, and we just talked about our days. I have at the table with me my computer, my Diet Coke (now empty), one of my new Disney puzzles that my aunt got for me this weekend, 2 of the 12 cats I got for myself at the craft store that I've been wanting (I can only keep 1 or 2 at a time, Mom says, because if Bob realizes how many I have he'll say I don't need them and cause a fuss... sneaky cats!), my book from the library, and my cell phone. A whole pile of anxiety-busting goodness.

Today is my wonderful mentor from church's 61st birthday, and I got to bring her flowers and a card and a Pooh picture I colored to her job at the church today. She was so happy she cried! That wasn't quite my intention, but I'm glad she liked it, and the flowers were beautiful.

And last night, around 10pm, Leigh called because she was giving Joe tuna and I got to hear him meow. I love Joe's squeaky little meow. It made my day.

I'm going to go get Elsie to come wander around out on the deck with me. She looks so pretty outside.

Yes, a blessed duck. That's me.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome day Lydia! I hope the evening is equally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Joe's squeaky little meow made your day. You know, I think that's one of the most important things in life: to take time to appreciate those beautiful little things!

    Good for you, Lydia!

    ReplyDelete